Here you will find resources to links on internet family protection. Please check back often as I am constantly (as often as possible) adding more resources to this site.
Principals to protect your family by:
- Never let your children be in a room alone with a computer.
- The computers stay in the open.
- Do not succumb to the pressure that they must have a smart phone.
- Limit their time on the computer
- Supervise children on the computer.
- Tablets computers are COMPUTERS. Do not be mistaken by this fact.
- Smartphones are a privilege, not a right.
- Enable parental controls on your child’s smartphone. Here is a link on how to do this for iOS devices (iPods, iPhones, etc.) – http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4213
- Spot checks: Review your child’s computer and phone use at least monthly. Make sure they are doing the right things.
Internet Software and Settings recommendations:
- Turn on to prevent unwanted search results http://support.google.com/websearch/answer/510?hl=en
- Use the Safe Search Lock in order to prevent tampering (http://support.google.com/websearch/answer/144686?hl=en)
XXX Church (X3 watch)
- The best software as it deals with accountability.
- Pro paid version offers filtering capabilities.
- Mobile device compatible.
- Link to product: http://www.x3watch.com/
- Comprehensive software system for accountability and prevention
- Mobile device compatible
- Link to product: http://www.covenanteyes.com/
- Best first defense in internet filtering
- Link to product: http://www.opendns.com/
- Best paid version for internet filtering.
- Better than Open DNS due to content active filtering.
- Link to product: http://www.netnanny.com/
ClearPlay DVD Player
- Best filtering DVD player
- Subscription based
- Very effective.
- Tremendous resources for the media connected family.